Ayodhya is not just another ordinary city in Uttar Pradesh. It is an emotion and pride for the entire Hindu community in India.
Ayodhya has been in news since the past few months due to the Ram Mandir. The “Pran Pratishtha” ceremony of Lord Ram was successfully completed by Hon. Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi on 22nd January 2024. It was a proud moment for all Hindus to witness the consecration of the Ram Mandir.
Now that the Ram Mandir has been opened for the common public, there will be many who would want to visit this historic pilgrimage.
Are you one amongst them?
Here is a comprehensive travel guide on how you can reach the Ram Mandir Ayodhya
- The fastest and most convenient way to reach Ayodhya is by taking a flight.
- The Maharishi Valmiki International Airport is the nearest airport to the Ram Mandir.
- This airport was recently inaugurated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
- The airport is located just at a distance of 15 km from the main Ayodhya city.
- The airport has state-of-the-art facilities and beautiful decor and paintings based on the life of Lord Rama.
- Flights are available from all major cities (Mumbai, New Delhi, Bengaluru, etc.) in India to this airport.
- The distance between the Ayodhya airport to the Ram mandir is 9.6 km (approximately 25-30 minutes).
- There are cabs, autos, and local taxis available to reach the temple from the airport.
- Another option to reach Ram Mandir in Ayodhya is by train.
- The Ayodhya Dham Junction (previously Ayodhya Junction) is the nearest railway station to the temple.
- The distance between the temple and the railway station is 6 km.
- The station has lifts, medical facilities, and a visitor information centre.
- The Ayodhya railway station is well-connected to various cities in India.
- One can find regular trains to Ayodhya Dham junction from Varanasi, New Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, and other cities in India.
- After reaching the station, you can take a rickshaw or cab to the Ram Mandir temple.
- Ayodhya is very well connected to various cities in India by road.
- Private and state-run buses ply frequently to Ayodhya.
- For example, from New Delhi to Ayodhya, Varanasi to Ayodhya.
- For a more personalized experience, you can also hire a private car or cab from one of the nearby cities.
- Ayodhya offers a wide range of choices when it comes to accommodation options.
- From budget-friendly hotels to four and five-star accommodations, you can find various hotels near the Ram Mandir.
- Before you plan your visit, especially during weekends and vacations, make the bookings in advance to avoid any last-minute hassles.
Temple timings for devotees
- 7 am to 11:30 am
- 2 pm to 7 pm
- Jagaran (Shringar) Aarti – 6:30 am
- Bhog Aarti – 12 pm
- Sandhya Aarti – 7:30 pm
Other popular tourist attractions in Ayodhya
Apart from the Ram Mandir in Ayodhya, there are several other attractions of religious significance. These are:
- Hanuman Garhi
- Sita ki Rasoi
- Kanak Bhavan
- Treta Ke Thakur
- Naya Ghat
- Tulsi Udyan
- Nageshwarnath temple
- Sri Ram Vallabha Kunj
Ayodhya is a city known for its rich cultural heritage and as an important pilgrimage site. Plan a trip to Ayodhya and the Ram Mandir. Immerse yourself in the scenic beauty and soothing atmosphere of Ayodhya.